Spicy Turkey Soup.
You can have Spicy Turkey Soup using 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Turkey Soup
- You need 2 of turkey quarters (leg and thigh).
- You need 1 of large yellow onion; large dice.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery; rough chop.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of baby carrots.
- Prepare 1 bundle of cilantro stems.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of red jalapeño; roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 T of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 t + 1/2 tsp of thyme; minced.
- It’s 1 of vegetable bouillon cube.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic.
- It’s 2 T of ground coriander.
- You need 2 t of dried lemon peel seasoning.
- You need 8 of roma tomatoes; halved and seeded.
- You need as needed of olive oil / vegetable oil.
- It’s 6 of roasted red jalapeños; large dice.
- Prepare 2 C of rice.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 12 oz of goat cheese.
- Prepare 3 of avocados.
- It’s 6 T of honey.
Spicy Turkey Soup step by step
- Rinse turkey under cold water..
- Cover turkey, onion, celery, carrots, cilantro stems, bay leaf, and 1 roughly chopped red jalapeño (not roasted) in a large stock pot. Cover with cold water. Simmer for two hours..
- Remove turkey from pot and place in a large mixing bowl. Shred..
- Drain stock. Reserve liquid..
- Add 2 T butter to a large stock pot. Add onions, 1 t of thyme, dried spices, and a pinch of salt. Caramelize very slowly. When fat begins to dissipate, add a ladle or two of stock..
- When onions are nearly caramelized add bouillon cube. Stir to dissolve..
- Cover tomatoes with enough oil to coat. Add salt, pepper, and thyme. Roast at 425°F until tomatoes are charred. Remove skins and chop roughly. Set aside..
- Cut a tiny bit of the top of the garlic head to reveal cloves, keeping root end intact. Cover with olive oil. Add a tiny pinch of salt. Roast at 425°F until cloves are caramelized, approximately 15 minutes. Set aside..
- Add stock, rice, and turkey to stockpot. Cover and summer for 15-20 minutes, until rice is cooked. Add roasted jalapeños and squeeze garlic head to remove roasted cloves into soup..
- In each serving bowl, place 1 roasted tomato, 2 oz honey goat cheese, 1/2 diced avocado, and 1 T honey. Ladle soup over veggies. Garnish with a few gost cheese crumbles..
- Variations; Coconut milk, basil, parsely, poblano, habanero, celery seed or root, turnips, butternut squash, sweet potato, spinach, tamarind, shallots, roasted garlic or bell peppers, vinegar, corn, sofrito, salsa, zucchini, corona, modelo, scallions, cumin, cream cheese, creme fraiche, sour cream, crema, heavy cream, chihuahua, queso fresco, cotija, lime, crushed pepper flakes, chives, cayenne, potato, arugula, peppadew,.