Simple roast turkey.
You can cook Simple roast turkey using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple roast turkey
- You need 1 of turkey. we had a 12 pound bird..
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of each dried thyme, poultry seasoning and garlic powder. feel free to use regular garlic..
Simple roast turkey step by step
- First pull all the insides out your bird and keep for stock, gravy or dressing (stuffing) if you like. She just discarded them. Wash and pat the bird dry..
- Next mix your butter with your seasonings and mix mix mix. Once completely mixed, run your finger between the skin and breast meat to loosen up the skin. Place one tablespoon of the mixture under the skin and rub to spread around. Smear the remaining butter over the bird and place in the roaster set at 300. Cook for about 2 hours and check for doneness. Now the bird wont brown to well so you can put it i the oven to brown some. Your bird will be fall off the bone tender when thru. Hope you enjoy her recipe..