Smoked Turkey Breast.
You can cook Smoked Turkey Breast using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked Turkey Breast
- You need of Brine.
- It’s 1 gallon of water.
- You need 1 cup of coarse kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s of Rub.
- It’s 2 tbsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sage.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tbsp of rosemary.
- You need 1 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
Smoked Turkey Breast instructions
- Mix all ingredients except soy sauce for brine in large pot and bring to a rolling boil..
- Stir in soy sauce and allow to cool completely. Once cool, place turkey breast and brine solution in an oven bag and let it sit in refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours..
- Combine all ingredients for rub in spice grinder and grind into powder..
- After turkey has been in the brine for 12 to 24 hours, remove from liquid, rinse, and pat dry with paper towel..
- Apply rub to turkey and try to get some under the skin..
- Start smoker using wood of your choice. I use oak and apple. Bring temperature up to 325°..
- Put turkey in aluminum pan and put in smoker. Baste turkey with butter every 45 minutes or so..
- After a couple of hours check to see if turkey has reached desired color you're looking for. If it has, cover with foil and continue cooking until an internal temperature of 165° is reached..
- Remove from smoker and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes. Slice and enjoy..