Home cooked jollof rice with fried Turkey. COOKING WITH US Produce Used: Rice Plantain Cabbage Smoked turkey Green pepper Carrots Onion Fresh Tomatoes Tomato paste Ginger Garlic What's up guys, here. Jollof rice is the most popular and favourite dish in West Africa. Today I will show you how to make this great and unresistable nigerian jollof rice with fried turkey and chicken.
When cooking Jellof rice, building a flavor base is very important. Don't be in haste to dump your ingredients in the pot otherwise, you will end up with what. Jollof, a traditional Nigerian main dish, brings out the best flavors of rice and chicken and pairs especially well with fried plantains. You can cook Home cooked jollof rice with fried Turkey using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Home cooked jollof rice with fried Turkey
- Prepare 1 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 of small tinned tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of medium sized tomato.
- It’s 2 table spoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 of turkey wings.
- You need 1 teaspoon of curry.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 2 of seasoning cubes.
- You need 2 of small sized onions.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
The actual amount consumed will vary. Home >> Nigerian Rice Recipes >> How to cook Nigerian Jollof Rice. The Nigerian rice recipe discussed here is the classic Nigerian Jollof Rice prepared at parties. Jollof rice is a very common dish prepared in many African countries and each recipe differs depending Celebration in an African home CAN NOT happen without the presence of Jollof rice.
Home cooked jollof rice with fried Turkey step by step
- Parboil rice in warm water and wash with cold water until very clean.
- Wash turkey and season with one onions, one table spoon black pepper, curry, thyme, seasoning cube and salt. Boil until very soft.
- Fry cooked Turkey in vegetable oil. Until golden brown and set aside..
- Blend tomato and onions mix with tinned tomatoes, blank pepper and fry in one cooking spoon vegetable oil..
- Add rice into fried tomato mix and stir. Add stock from cooked Turkey with one cup of water. Add curry, seasoning and salt to taste.
- Cook rice until properly done.
- Serve with Turkey and drink of your choice.
Allow the onions to fry until the redness starts to slightly fade off. Next, pour in your tomato paste and. Coconut jollof rice is another great alternative way of cooking jollof rice. The subtle flavour from the coconut Smoky spiced Jollof rice & coconut-fried plantain. This West African inspired dish food is full of bold, harmonious flavours.