Slow Roasted Turkey with Butternut Squash Noodles.
You can have Slow Roasted Turkey with Butternut Squash Noodles using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Roasted Turkey with Butternut Squash Noodles
- Prepare of turkey drumstick.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried sage.
- Prepare of Black pepper and salt.
- You need 2 of onions.
- It’s 2 of carrots.
- You need 1 of medium sized white potato, quartered and boiled.
- You need 1 of large butternut squash, made into noodle shapes with a spiriliser.
Slow Roasted Turkey with Butternut Squash Noodles step by step
- Slice the onions and carrots thinly and arrange them in the bottom of your slow cooker. If the turkey leg doesn’t fit in your slow cooker, use a deep baking dish and you can cook it in the oven..
- Season the vegetables with salt and black pepper, sprinkle all of the sage over the vegetables, then place the turkey leg on top. Season the turkey leg again with more salt and pepper..
- Cook in the slow cooker for 9 hours on low. If cooking in the oven, cover the dish tightly with foil ensuring that no steam can escape and cook at 100°C for 9 hours..
- When the turkey is cooked, remove the leg and place to one side in a large dish. Pour the onions and carrots through a sieve, saving the liquid in a measuring jug. Place the onions and carrots with the turkey leg in the dish..
- Shred the turkey leg off the bone using a fork. Ensure you discard any bone, skin and cartilage. Put the shredded turkey, cooked onions and carrots in a large saucepan..
- Top up the reserved turkey juice up with hot water (or chicken stock) to make 250 mls of liquid. Put this stock in a blender with the boiled white potato and blend to thicken the stock slightly. Pour this sauce back into the saucepan with the turkey and vegetables. Mix well..
- Stir fry your butternut squash noodles for 3 or 4 minutes and then stir into the turkey and sauce. Serve and enjoy..