Roasted Lemon Rosemary Turkey.
You can have Roasted Lemon Rosemary Turkey using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Lemon Rosemary Turkey
- It’s of Rosemary Lemon Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of kosher or sea salt.
- Prepare 2 of lemons, zested (save lemons for turkey).
- Prepare 2 of fresh rosemary sprigs.
- You need of For the Turkey.
- You need 1 of olive oil (optional).
- It’s 1 of bunch celery with bottoms and tops cut off.
- It’s 1 of bunch whole carrots, unpeeled with tops and bottoms cut off.
- You need 1 of sweet onion, sliced in 1" thick slices.
- You need 3/4 cup of water or stock.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 4 of fresh rosemary sprigs.
Roasted Lemon Rosemary Turkey step by step
- In a food processor add the salt, lemon zest and rosemary sprigs. Pulse until all ingredients are fine and combined. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 325 °..
- Rinse and pat dry your turkey..
- In a deep baking pan or roasting pan, line the celery and carrots on the bottom of the pan after spraying with nonstick cooking spray..
- Slice the lemons you've used for the lemon zest and tuck them under the skin of the turkey along with 2 rosemary sprigs..
- At this point you can rub down the turkey with olive oil for a browner crispier skin. I personally don't eat the skin so I omitted this step although the golden brown skin does look pretty for serving and presentation purposes. Rub the rosemary lemon salt all over the turkey liberally. Dont forget the cavity! Sprinkle black pepper on top of turkey and in the cavity as well. (Store excess rosemary salt in an air tight container for other recipes).
- Place the seasoned turkey on top of the celery and carrots and add the sliced onions around the pan. Garnish with sprigs of rosemary before roasting. Add 3/4 cup water or stock to pan..
- Cook uncovered for 20 minutes per pound of turkey. Mine was only a small 5 lb turkey so I ended up cooking it for about an hour and 40 minutes for the most juicy perfect bird. If your turkey is browning a little too quickly, feel free to cover it with foil for the remaining cooking time..
- Once your house is smelling amazing and your cooking time is up, remove the turkey from the oven and allow it to rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing into it. This allows the bird to retain the juices from baking for a more moist turkey since proteins continue cooking for at least 10 minutes after removing it from the heat source..
- Slice and enjoy with your favorite sides, salads, gravies or on a sandwich of your choice!.