Acorn Squash stuffed with turkey sausage.
You can have Acorn Squash stuffed with turkey sausage using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash stuffed with turkey sausage
- Prepare 2 of acorn squashes.
- It’s 1 lb. of Ground Turkey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Feta cheese.
- It’s 1 jar of pasta sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Montreal seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of sage.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed fennel seed.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese.
Acorn Squash stuffed with turkey sausage step by step
- Mix the ground turkey with the vinegar, Worcestershire and dry spices together in a large bowl at least 2 hours before cooking..
- Preheat the oven to 385°.
- Cut the squashes in half and scoop out the seeds. Set on a lined baking sheet brush with oil and roast until soft, about an hour..
- In a saucepan warm your favorite pasta sauce homemade or store bought..
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp oil on medium high heat and add the ground turkey mix. Cook on medium high until done and continue to cook to allow the meat to brown a little bit. I have had the best luck with getting a good flavor and texture on ground turkey by cooking with a little higher heat..
- Mix the turkey, sauce and feta together..
- Scrape the inside of the squashes lightly with a fork and spoon the mixture inside..
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake for about 10 minutes until golden and bubbly..