Sweet/Salty Sukiyaki Style Chicken In Less Than 15 Minutes.
You can cook Sweet/Salty Sukiyaki Style Chicken In Less Than 15 Minutes using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet/Salty Sukiyaki Style Chicken In Less Than 15 Minutes
- Prepare 1 of cut in long pieces. Chicken thigh meat.
- You need 1 tbsp of to sprinkle on the chicken Cooking sake.
- You need 1 block of cut in 1cm thick pieces Tofu (Silken or Firm).
- You need 2 of leeks. cut and brown just the white part White part of Leek.
- You need 1 of cut roughly diagonally Green part of Leek.
- Prepare 4 of rehydrated←important Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Chrysanthemum greens.
- You need 1 clove of crushed with the blade of a knife←important Garlic.
- It’s 1 of teaspoon←important Korean chili pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of ↑If you don't have any, use Ichimi chili pepper powder.
- Prepare of The flavoring ingredients:.
- You need 4 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Cooking sake.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
Sweet/Salty Sukiyaki Style Chicken In Less Than 15 Minutes step by step
- Prep everything so it looks something like this..
- First comes the chicken, skin on. Put it on a cutting board and cut it up into long pieces 7 mm thick, big enough to chew on. Sprinkle the chicken with a little cooking sake..
- As for the leek, brown the white part a bit if it's not too much trouble because it makes it really good. Don't bother if it's a pain..
- Then, peel the garlic, put a knife on top of it and smash it. Slam it with your fist. Don't grate it, or it will smell garlicky..
- Heat the flavoring ingredients over high heat. When it comes to a rolling boil, throw in the whole clove of garlic..
- Add the chicken and cook over high heat..
- Simmer until the color of the chicken changes, then move it to the side over medium heat..
- Add in the tofu and keep simmering. Spoon the sauce over the tofu while it's cooking..
- It'll start to turn a nice color, which means it's really soaked up the flavor..
- Add the browned leek, rehydrated dried shiitake mushrooms and Korean chili pepper. Spoon on the sauce again and simmer over low heat..
- Raise the heat a bit and add the green part of the leek. Cook for a couple of minutes. Toss in the chrysanthemum leaves, and it's more or less ready..
- This tofu tastes great with the chicken. Enjoy it covered with lots of the sauce. You could even pour the sauce on top of a bowl of rice..
- The chicken, tofu shiitake mushrooms as well as the leeks soak up the sauce. Even kids who said they hated sweet/salty stuff will eat this..
- The tofu, leeks and shiitake mushrooms all soak up the juice of the chicken and are sweet and salty..