Chicken Salad Ochazuke. Ochazuke (お茶漬け) is a simple one-bowl dish featuring steamed rice with an assortment of savory ingredients, partially steeped in green tea. Ocha refers to green tea, and zuke means "submerged". Ochazuke is a light meal made by pouring hot tea over steamed rice.
Get the recipe from Food & Wine. Ume Ochazuke seems very gentle but can actually be rather mischievous and will often play practical jokes on others. Ume Ochazuke's is a common staple food in life. You can cook Chicken Salad Ochazuke using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Salad Ochazuke
- It’s 1/2 of fillet Chicken thigh (or breast).
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt.
- You need 50 ml of each *Water & Cooking Sake.
- You need 400 ml of when combined with broth from step 1 ☆Chicken stock granules (2 teaspoons mixed with 200 ml water).
- You need 1/2 tsp of ☆Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ☆Sake.
- Prepare 1 dash of ☆Salt, black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetables (lettuce, daikon radish, mizuna greens, carrots, green onions).
- Prepare 1 of Wasabi, toasted sesame seeds.
It stimulates appetite very well, making Ume Ochazuke very charming. Chicken Salad is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna git. Everyone likes chicken salad different ways: ground up and fine, large and chunky, chock full of onions, nuts.
Chicken Salad Ochazuke instructions
- Rub a little salt into the chicken. Add the chicken and the water and cooking sake mixture into a pan, put the lid on and steam cook the chicken. Once the chicken is cooked through, leave everything as it is to cool..
- Julienne the vegetables and soak in a bowl of water to crisp..
- Take the chicken out of the pan and cut into pieces..
- Add the chicken stock water to the soup left over from steam cooking in Step 1 until you have 400 ml liquid. Add the seasoning ingredients marked with ☆ and bring to a boil..
- Add the vegetables and chicken to a bowl of rice along with some wasabi and toasted sesame seeds and pour over the hot soup from Step 4 to serve..
Spread Joy, Enrich Lives, Serve Others www.chickensaladchick.com. Traditional Chicken Salad is a tried and true favorite for almost any kind of gathering. It's easy to make and tasty by itself, atop lettuce, or served on sandwiches. We love chicken salad and I love making it. Filipino Chicken Macaroni Salad spells the holidays for me.