Mushroom Chilli Desi Twist.
You can have Mushroom Chilli Desi Twist using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mushroom Chilli Desi Twist
- You need 400 gm of White Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of Bell pepper(green).
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion.
- You need 1 of bulb of garlic peeled.
- You need 1 inch of ginger.
- You need 3 of Green chillies.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soya sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of warm ganji water (cooked rice water).
- Prepare 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rice flour / corn flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of All-purpose flour.
- You need of Salt as per taste.
- It’s of Cooking oil for frying.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s of Spring onion greens (optional).
Mushroom Chilli Desi Twist step by step
- Finely chop the ginger and garlic. Add half of each to a mixer, add 1 green chilli and grind it into a fine paste without adding water. Roughly dice the onion and Bell pepper and keep it aside. Finely chop the green chilli and some spring onion greens if available..
- Dice the mushrooms into two halves and marinate it with the previously prepared ginger- garlic- chilli paste. To the same, add 2 tbsp of All-purpose flour, 1tbsp of corn flour / rice flour, half tbsp of chilli powder, turmeric powder, 1 tbsp soya sauce, salt as required and mix gently without damaging the mushrooms. Set it aside for 15min..
- Take a deep frying pan and add some cooking oil. Under medium flame deep fry the marinated mushrooms till golden brown. Fry in batches and set it aside..
- Heat a wide shallow pan and add 2 tbsp of sesame oil. Add the remaining portions of ginger, garlic, and green chilli and saute well in high flame. Add in the diced onions followed by bell pepper and saute well. Cooking under high flame retains the crispiness of veggies. Add 2 tbsp of soya sauce, 1tbsp of chilli sauce, lemon juice and mix well..
- Add the previously fried mushrooms and toss well. Add salt if required. At this stage, add in half a cup of warm ganji water (cooked rice water) instead of cornstarch slurry to give a glossy and juicy look. Mix well. Let it quickly boil once and switch off the flame immediately. Garnish with spring oinion greens and serve it hot as an appetiser. Desi style mushroom chilli goes well with chapathi & roti too..