Packed With Fruit! Stollen.
You can have Packed With Fruit! Stollen using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Packed With Fruit! Stollen
- Prepare of For the stollen dough:.
- Prepare 400 grams of French bread flour.
- It’s 80 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 8 grams of Dry yeast (fermented).
- You need 2 of Egg (Medium).
- It’s 130 grams of Milk.
- Prepare 3 grams of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/3 tsp of of each Cardamom, cloves.
- Prepare 140 grams of Unsalted butter.
- It’s 380 grams of Mixed dried fruit chunks.
- It’s 60 grams of Diced almonds (roasted).
- It’s 180 grams of Raw marzipan (Marzipanrohmasse).
- It’s of For the finishing touch:.
- Prepare 120 grams of Melted butter (unsalted).
- Prepare 150 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of Powdered sugar.
Packed With Fruit! Stollen step by step
- Make the stollen dough. Knead all of the ingredients together aside from the butter, fruit, and nuts. (This is a stiff dough)..
- Add softened butter to the dough in 3~4 batches and knead it in. It is done once it stretches well and you can vaguely see your fingers when you stretch out the dough..
- Add the dried fruits and nuts after mixing in all of the butter, and knead until they are evenly distributed in the dough. Roll into a ball..
- Tip: I use a commercial stollen dried fruit mix mostly. If using homemade sugared citrus peels or rum raisin, make sure to pat them dry before using..
- Wrap in plastic wrap, and let the dough rise to about twice the size. (It takes about 2 hours at room temperature)..
- Roll out the dough on a surface covered in flour, divide into 6 equal portions, and roll out to 18 x 10 cm with a rolling pin. Divide the marzipan into 6 portions, roll into logs and place it 1/3 on the dough..
- Spread the marzipan into the fold of the dough, and press the sides together firmly so it won't open up..
- Proof the dough at 30 °C for 20~25 minutes to lightly ferment, and then bake in an oven preheated to 200 °C for 35~40 minutes. Melt butter for the finishing touch while it is baking..
- Coat the entire surface with lots of the melted butter to let it sink into the dough..
- Coat the entire surface with granulated sugar, sprinkle lots of powdered sugar on the bottom and top, and it is done. Wrap in plastic wrap to store..
- To make raw marzipan (Marzipanrohmasse) from scratch, mix 90g almonds, 90g sugar, and 20g egg together well, gather into one lump. Refrigerate overnight before using..