Chicken chipotle mole enchiladas. This creamy chicken mole with onions and chipotles is classic Oaxacan home cooking. Chicken simmered in an easy chipotle and onion mole sauce is one of Bricia Lopez's classic Oaxacan comfort foods. To assemble the enchiladas: Fill a medium saute pan half way with oil over high heat.
When someone says that we're going to have mole for lunch, you know that it's a special occasion like a. One of my favorite store-bought products ever invented is Siete Tortillas and Chips. You guys, I am NOT even sponsored These enchiladas are perfect for Cinco De Mayo coming up on Friday. You can have Chicken chipotle mole enchiladas using 28 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken chipotle mole enchiladas
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 lb of chicken, diced or shredded.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried minced onion.
- It’s 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need of Mole.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of smooth peanut butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 3 small of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.
- You need 3 of tostada shells, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds, toasted.
- It’s 1 1/2 oz of dark chocolate, cubed.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of almond extract.
- Prepare 2 of whole cloves.
- It’s of Enchiladas.
- You need 10 small of corn tostada shells.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooking oil.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Mexican creme.
- It’s 1/2 cup of queso fresco, crumbled.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped.
Make a big batch of shredded chicken or beef in your crockpot in the morning. Delicious homemade Mole Enchiladas include shredded chicken and cheese inside corn tortillas, smothered in mole sauce and baked. Today I am cooking at home and making cheesy chicken molé enchiladas baked in the oven. This is one of my family's favorite dishes when I have leftover molé.
Chicken chipotle mole enchiladas step by step
- In a hot pan, heat oil then add chicken, minced onion and all the spices. Cook until chicken is cooked then set aside..
- Saute onions and garlic..
- Put onions and garlic along with broth, peanut butter, sugar, chipotles and tostada shells into a blender and blend until smooth..
- In hot pan, pour blend then add cumin seeds, chocolate, cinnamon, extract and cloves. Simmer on low heat..
- Heat oil to 12 inch pan, fry tortilla for about 5-10 seconds per side..
- Dip fried tortilla in mole sauce. Then flip tortilla and dip again..
- Place dipped tortilla on plate and add filling. Roll enchilada then spoon drizzle creme on top. Add some cheese and cilantro..
- Repeat previous step per enchilada..
A wildly easy mole sauce recipe is the key to these gloriously cheesy, quick chicken mole enchiladas. Serve the enchiladas with as much sauce as desired. Cook's Note: Fresh ingredients and fire-grilling them are a few of the secrets to my flavorful chipotle sauce. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken Enchiladas With Mole Sauce. Chicken enchiladas with Mole is one of my favorite dishes.