Greek Lentil-Quinoa Casserole.
You can cook Greek Lentil-Quinoa Casserole using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Lentil-Quinoa Casserole
- You need 3 c of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 c of quinoa (rinsed, drained).
- Prepare 3/4 c of brown lentils.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 c of chopped onion.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlice (minced).
- You need 10 oz of frozen chopped spinach.
- You need 2 of eggs (lightly beaten).
- Prepare 6 oz of plain greek yogurt.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 c of feta cheese (crumbled).
- You need 1/2 c of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 c of kalamatta olives (halved).
Greek Lentil-Quinoa Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat a 2 qt baking dish w/ cooking spray. In a med. saucepan combine broth, quinoa, lentils, and salt. Bring to boiling and reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until lentils are tender and broth is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Set aside..
- In an extra-large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach and lentil mixture..
- In a small bowl combine eggs and yogurt. Stir in the 1 tbsp snipped fresh oregano and the pepper. Gently stir yogurt mixture into mixture in skillet. Fold in feta cheese..
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake, covered, about 35 minutes or until heated through. Top with tomatoes, olives, and pita chips. Sprinkle with additional fresh oregano..