Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. A healthy twist on stuffed peppers! I served these with mashed cauliflower – yum! Combine quinoa and chicken stock in a saucepan.
Healthy Mexican Quinoa and Turkey Stuffed Peppers. The stuffed peppers are loaded with lean ground turkey, black beans, corn, crushed tomatoes and quinoa. Cumin, cayenne pepper and paprika give the filling a little kick. You can cook Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need 4 of bell peppers.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of kale chopped finely.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmegan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of parsley chopped.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need pinch of chili flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
Roasted red stuffed peppers filled with Mexican spiced turkey quinoa is a nutrient powerhouse! Firmly pack each pepper with about ½ cup to ¾ cup of turkey quinoa filling. This recipe gives old-world stuffed peppers a fresh and healthful update with colorful (and more vitamin-C rich) red, yellow and/or orange peppers, stuffed with a satisfying filling that's enlivened with spinach and herbs. Quinoa-and-turkey stuffed peppers are the delicious, healthy, kid-friendly, one-pan dinner that you need in your life right this minute!
Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers step by step
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. For the quinoa: Over medium-high heat, bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. As the broth is coming to boil, add the quinoa, then stir and cover. Reduce the heat to a simmer and steam the quinoa until the grains pop, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork..
- For the peppers: Set a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and add the turkey, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring with a wooden spoon and breaking up the pieces. Deglaze with the wine. While the turkey is browning, rinse the peppers and pat dry. With the pepper lying down on its side, cut off the top and remove the seeds and membrane. Repeat for the remaining peppers. Leave the stem on the top for presentation. Set aside..
- Once the turkey is browned, shut off the heat and fold in the quinoa, and kale. Mix to incorporate all ingredients thoroughly. Check for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if required..
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the panko and Parmesan. Add a drizzle of olive oil to lightly moisten and season with salt and pepper. Set the peppers on a roasting tray cut-side up and stuff each with about 1/3 cup of filling. Top each pepper half with about 2 tablespoons of breadcrumb-Parmesan topping. Cover loosely with foil, place in the center of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. When the peppers are tender and cooked through, remove the foil and turn on the broiler. Cook under the broiler to brown the panko breadcrumbs and crisp up, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the peppers from the oven and allow to rest before serving..
The old-fashioned, classic stuffed pepper recipe calls for beef, but for a quick weeknight dinner we love to keep things as lean and healthy as we can, so we've opted for. Stuff the cooked pepper with the mixture prepared before. Put the stuffed peppers in a greased baking pan and Health Benefit of Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers : The above dish contains bell pepper that is rich in carotenoids and beta carotene which. Red peppers stuffed with ground turkey, quinoa, mushrooms, and tomato sauce, topped with melted Cheddar cheese make a great family meal. This is delicious, makes a ton and is great leftover.