Tex Mex One Pan Mexican Quinoa.
You can cook Tex Mex One Pan Mexican Quinoa using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tex Mex One Pan Mexican Quinoa
- You need 4 of chicken tenderloins (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno minced.
- You need 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can kidney beans, drained and rinsed or black beans.
- It’s 1 (14.5 oz) of can diced tomatoes with green chilies.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need to taste of Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of avocado halved, peeled and diced.
- You need of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro or parsley.
Tex Mex One Pan Mexican Quinoa instructions
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute..
- Stir in quinoa, vegetable broth, beans, tomatoes with green chilies, corn, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until quinoa is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Stir in avocado, lime juice, parsley or cilantro..
- In a medium pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil and place chicken and season with salt and pepper and cook until juices run clear and are browned on both sides..
- In a bowl add quinoa and and all the fixings. You can either shred your chicken or leave whole. Garnish with sour cream, green onions and parsley. Serve immediately..