Spicy Lime Chicken and Quinoa Casserole.
You can have Spicy Lime Chicken and Quinoa Casserole using 20 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Lime Chicken and Quinoa Casserole
- You need of quinoa mixture.
- You need 4 oz of red quinoa.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 12 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 can of diced tomatoes with habanero.
- You need of Chipotle powder.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- It’s of Lime Chicken.
- It’s 2 lb of boneless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 envelope of McCormick Grillmates Majito Lime seasoning.
- Prepare of topping.
- You need 16 oz of Mexican cheese blend.
- You need 16 oz of black olive slices.
- You need 16 oz of jalapeño slices.
- You need 1 lb of grilled majito lime chicken.
- You need of layer.
- Prepare 2 can of black beans.
- You need 20 of small white tortillas.
- You need 1 of quinoa mixture.
Spicy Lime Chicken and Quinoa Casserole step by step
- Mix Majito Lime seasoning according to the envelope. Marinade chicken for at least 24 hours..
- Cook quinoa according to package, then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add 4 tablespoons of butter so that it doesn't clump. Stir together..
- Chop onion and garlic and add to the quinoa. Stir together..
- Add 2 cans of diced tomatoes with habanero, drained to quinoa mix. Add cayenne pepper and Chipotle powder as desired. Stir together..
- Using a 10 inch frying pan or larger, on medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons of butter and add half of the quinoa mixture. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally..
- Grill chicken, do not let it get dry. Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and chop into small chunks..
- In a glass 9×13 baking pan, layer the pan with with 6 small tortillas..
- Add quinoa mixture to baking pan. Spread evenly..
- Add 1 can of black beans, drained to baking pan. Spread evenly. Layer 4 small tortillas..
- Add approximately 1 pound of chicken to pan..
- Add 8 ounces of jalapeño slices and olives to pan. Top off with 8 ounces of Mexican cheese..
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Cut casserole into 8 sections..
- Repeat steps 7-12 to make the second pan..