Sambal fried rice. Literally, there is nothing about nasi goreng that requires it to be That said, let's proceed to this sambal fried rice recipe. To make the spice base, we combined sambal. This Sambal Fried Rice kicks it up a notch.
It beckons you to follow the scent and dig in! Pungent and deep, a sambal can be the only enrichment for a dish of rice or noodles; a few pats To demonstrate, I've added a recipe for stir-fried rice with egg—using any one of the sambals on hand. Sambal is a chilly based sause. You can have Sambal fried rice using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sambal fried rice
- You need 1/2 cup of Petai (optional).
- You need 3/4 cup of Cabbage (cut to small pieces).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Corn kernel.
- You need 1/2 cup of Carrot (cut to small pieces).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Green peas, or long bean.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sambal.
- You need 2 cups of Cooked rice.
- You need Pinch of Salt pepper and Seasoning.
We used Heavenly Rice's Heavenly Brown Rice for the making of this dish. It's enriched with more calcium, iron, protein, fibre, and B vitamins for nutritional values, so while the sambal fried rice packs. Add and heat remaining oil to the existing wokpan. Add garlic, shallot and red chilli.
Sambal fried rice step by step
- Cut all veggie into small pieces, you can adjust the amount of veggie to your preference..
- Cooked rice, I use left over from yesterday.
- Heat up wok, fry petai first, then carrot and cabbage, lastly corn and green peas, until veggie a bit soft.
- Move all veggie to the side, lower the heat, put sambal at the centre, slowly stir fry and heat up the sambal.
- Add rice once sambal is heated up, turn to high heat, add seasoning (taste the food first). Stir fry until all ingredients are well mix..
This is one of the most popular items at Spice Market. Fried rice is commonly eaten for breakfast in Indonesia, where it is called "nasi goreng," and in some locales it is. Nasi Goreng is a fragrant Indonesian fried rice recipe, that is much easier to make at home than you think! Are you a fan of Indonesian cuisine? Take a look at our Indonesian coconut chicken and rice.