Haitian slaw Haitian Pikliz (Spicy Pickled Slaw) cold slaw.
You can have Haitian slaw Haitian Pikliz (Spicy Pickled Slaw) cold slaw using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Haitian slaw Haitian Pikliz (Spicy Pickled Slaw) cold slaw
- You need of vegetables.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded cabbage.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded carrots.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded onion.
- Prepare 8 of pepper corn.
- You need 2 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1 of juice of a lime.
- You need 6 of Scotch bonnet or habanero peppers.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 clove of optional.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika optional.
Haitian slaw Haitian Pikliz (Spicy Pickled Slaw) cold slaw step by step
- Combine the cabbage, carrots, onions and dry spice mix in a large bowl, and then pour in the vinegar and lime juice.
- Quarter the peppers or cut them into large chunks so that they add flavor.
- Add the salt, and then mix the slaw thoroughly using your hands.wear gloves.
- . Transfer to a quart jar, pour the remaining juice from the bowl on top and seal tightly..
- Let the jar sit at room temperature for 24 to 48 hours. This will allow for a brief and mild fermentation – the longer it sits, the more sour the pickle will be. may taste spoil if left outside for a lot of days.
- Refrigerate the jar for another 12 to 24 hours to stop the fermentation process. Serve as a cold side with any entree, and store in the refrigerator..
- enjoy caution very spicy not for punks !.