Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap). In a small bowl add all the ingredients, add lemon juice, and mixed well. cup soy mayonnaise (or regular, your choice). Had tofu salad from Costco once and loved it, but never tried to make at home. I cut everything in half for one brick of extra I grew up on Egg Salad.
Kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) is an indispensable soy sauce in Indonesian cuisine. Kecap manis is an Indonesian sweet soy sauce. The color is that of soy sauce, but the consistency is much thicker and almost honey-like in tahu goreng sambal sereh (fried tofu with spicy lemongrass relish). You can have Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap)
- You need of For salad:.
- Prepare of Deep fried tofu (you can use silk or firm tofu then fried it) mine I bought it in Asian store and it’s already fried.
- Prepare of Fried egg (egg omelette).
- It’s of Shredded cabbage.
- Prepare of Shredded carrot.
- It’s of Bean sprouts.
- It’s of Chopped green onion.
- You need of Little oil.
- It’s of For sauce:.
- You need of Sweet soy sauce.
- You need of Minced garlic.
- You need of Sliced shallots.
- It’s of Chopped birds chilliest or Thai chilies.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
If you've never tried Sambal Telur (Eggs in Spicy Sambal), this South East Asian side dish will blow your taste buds out of the water. There, a stack of freshly fried Bakwan Jagung (Indonesian corn fritters) awaited a splash of kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) and tempted us with their crispy, crunchy. Sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis) is a sweetened aromatic soy sauce, originating in Indonesia, which has a darker color. This Indonesian version of soy sauce is thicker, sweeter and more complex than what you're used to.
Indonesian tofu egg salad with spicy sweet soy dipping sauce (tahu telur sambal kecap) step by step
- For salad: In a small bowl crack the egg and beat it until no white remind. Set aside..
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, add the oil. Pour in eggs and tilt pan so eggs fully cover the entire pan. Cook for 2 minutes and flipped over, cook another side too..
- When the egg turns golden brown turns off the heat. Transfer the egg omelette on a plate or cutting board. You can sliced or either leave it as it is..
- Sliced the fried tofu. And mixed all the vegetables..
- For the sauce: In a small bowl add all the sauce ingredients and mixed well..
- For assembly: I like to arrange the whole omelette on a plate, then add the vegetables on it. Sprinkle with tofu sliced then lastly pour the sauce over the tofu. But of course you can sliced your omelette and arranged it with the rest of the ingredients..
- Enjoy 😊.
- Note: For me I like to enjoy it with Indonesian shrimp crackers..
- ❤️HappyCooking ❤️.
All Reviews for Indonesian Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis). Tahu Telur is a common Indonesian street food consisting of a tofu omelette topped with crunchy garnishes and a flavoursome sauce. Using the back of a spoon, smash the tamarind and remove the remaining solids. Tahu telur (tahu means tofu and telur means eggs) is like egg foo yung with pieces of fried tofu. The delicately rich and eggy result gets crowned with crunchy vegetables and savory-sweet-spicy sauce, typically peanut sauce or chile-spiked sweet soy sauce; both sauces are in the photo above.