Jamaican Style Cabbage.
You can have Jamaican Style Cabbage using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jamaican Style Cabbage
- Prepare 1 tbs of coconut oil or coconut oil cooking spray.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 of cabbage (shredded or diced).
- Prepare 2 of carrots (shredded).
- It’s 1/4 c of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 of scotch bonnet pepper (my store didn't have it, I used habanero.
- You need 2 tbs of thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s to taste of Pepper.
Jamaican Style Cabbage instructions
- Heat coconut oil on medium high heat, best to use a dutch oven or rice pot. Add onion & thyme, let cook 5-7min, mix occasionally. In meantime, chop vegetables..
- Add garlic to pan, then vegetables. Sprinkle garlic powder & black pepper. Add vegetable broth. Stir. Reduce heat to medium & let cook 15 minutes, covered..